HID PIV Enterprise™
Physical and IT Access with One Card
Multi-factor Authentication for Government and Regulated Industries
Complete Identity Lifecycle Management
HID PIV ensures the right people have access to the right things – and only the things they need to do their jobs. It is an ideal solution for organizations with government standards requirements, or highly regulated industries.
- Identity Proofing: HID PIV delivers a streamlined process for identity establishment with an integrated IDMS system that works with popular authoritative sources, captures state/national ID, collects and stores biometric data, connects to external background check systems, and provides an adjudicator for final review.
- Lifecycle Management: Once the identity is verified, HID PIV facilitates the issuance of the credential, and then leverages a Credential Management System for on-going management – including PIN unlock, updates, and credential replacement and/or termination.
- Physical Access: When the credential is a card, it can be used for physical access to the organization premises, including the ability to require step-up challenges. In the Enterprise version, HID PIV can also automatically provision and de-provision user access to the organization’s physical access systems.
- IT System Access: The same credential can be used to authenticate to many IT applications, including Microsoft Windows Active Directory, most VPN products, web sites, cloud applications.
- Advanced Use Cases: The credential can also be used to digitally sign emails or documents, decrypt emails or files, deliver full disk encryption and boot protection, protect print jobs with secure printing and many other functions.
- Optional pre-integrated components: HID can also supply additional compatible components such as trusted CA, PKI validation, card printer, card reader, card, and PACS reader.
Download HID PIV Enterprise™ Solution Sheet