Government agencies represent a challenging arena for physical identity and access management. Agencies are often geographically dispersed, utilizing multiple and disjointed physical access control systems (PACS), along with multiple directories or HR/IdM systems. In most instances, the current physical security infrastructure is not capable of handling digital certificates and biometric information from PIV cards to establish a common identity of the cardholder across government agencies.
Given this complexity, enrolling and managing PIV cardholder into the PACS and biometric systems can be a daunting task. Physical access grants, revocation of access rights, on-/off-boarding processes, visitor management, audit and compliance management processes are all manual in nature and are not standardized across agencies, leading to a high cost of security operations and additional levels of risk.
Now more than ever, the need for a system that manages physical identity and access management across a diverse government PACS infrastructure is paramount, providing end-to-end identity lifecycle management.
The Quantum Secure SAFE for Government solution provides a policy-based approach to managing and enrolling PIV cardholders into diverse PACS. This approach enables the flexible enrollment, validation and processing of individuals gaining temporary or long-term access to a given facility, along with a policy-based approach to guard against fraud and foster real-time audit and compliance – without changing your existing physical security infrastructure
The SAFE for Governments solution provides a comprehensive range of functions for federal agencies, including:
- Enrollment of the newly issued PIV credentials in diverse PACS, including biometric/biographical data capture from the PIV card
- Interoperability between PACS systems and logical authoritative identity systems, such as LDAP/IdM/HR systems or other third-party PIV database applications
- Establishing a single reference point of all cardholders (PIV and non-PIV) across agencies and across diverse PACS and Logical Access Systems (LACS)
- Single and centralized rules-based process for access privilege provisioning and ongoing access management within and across agencies
- PIV card lifecycle management in PACS (PIV card activation, status inquiry, lost or stolen cards, provisioning and revocation, card expiration policies, etc.)
- Web-based visitor enrollment and management for PIV and non-PIV cardholders
- Complete auditing and reporting, from the transaction level to the executive dashboard
Additionally, the SAFE for Government solution eliminates the need for the costly and time-consuming “rip and replace” of an existing PACS to achieve compliance to Federal Information Processing Standard 201 interoperability regulations. SAFE authenticates the credentials using PKI certificates recognized by the Federal Bridge Certification Authority